Monday, May 12, 2008

Memories


So we are getting close to the date for Baby H to appear. This weekend was nice. We went down to McDonough to see my folks and her mom. We had to pick up some last minute things at the BabiesRUs so we all went. It was neat to see my mom, my mother-in-law and my wife (mom-to-be) all shopping for stuff for Baby H. Quite a mother's day experience. My folks had found some of my old toys that had been boxed up. So we (at least I) had a blast going through my old stuff. I realized that they just don't make things the way they used to. Metal Matchbox cars and old wooden cars and trucks. As much abuse as they got when I was a kid you'd think they should be broken.


We brought some of them back for Baby H. (I'll get the matchbox cars and legos when he's older.) This was one of my favorite toys that reminds me of my Granddad's tractor. Gotta love those International Harversters!

1 comment:

Steve said...

My brother had a red tractor just like that when he was little!!! :)