Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Having a Ball

Sunday night Sean and I got to experience the joys of "False Labor". I think this term must have been named by a man because I can't imagine a woman calling contractions every 5 minutes for 24+ hours "false". I'm thinking words like "trial run", "fooled you", or "just getting started" may be better expressions for this experience. We returned home from the hospital Monday afternoon feeling defeated. I decided that rather than feeling defeated I would call my girlfriends and ask their advice. The overwhelming response I received was "get a birthing ball to get that baby moving". Sean and I headed to the store to find the holy birthing grail. When we got home Sean inflated the ball and I took my place a top the giant blue egg in the hopes of getting things moving. After two days of squatting I was not feeling any changes (but was feeling much more comfortable) and decided that if this was going to work we needed the birthing ball manned at all times! Sean, determined to help get this baby here faster, agreed to sit on the ball whenever it was not being occupied by me. Now nearly 3 days after the "false start" we have enlisted the help of our dogs. Baylee, Bentley, and Benji have all agreed to "take one for the team" and sit on the birthing ball when it is not being occupied by myself or Sean. Now that's what I call teamwork!

This photo is of Sean showing off his mad (no hands/no feet) squatting skills! I'm sure that even those of you that have known Sean for years never knew he had this talent! He will be signing autographs and taking this show on the road post-delivery. Keep your eyes peeled for upcoming tour dates!

No comments: