Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Comical Statements Uttered in a Serious Manner

So I haven't updated this blog in a while. Been too busy chasing the little ones to write about them. Noah has reached that age where he is a sponge with vocabulary and is putting phrases and sentences together. Sometimes this results in a comical statement uttered from his lips in the most serious of manners. As these lovable moments arise over the past couple months I've been trying to make mental notes of the things he says. But now I think I'll start documenting them here so I don't forget. Will be fun for the kids to see when they're older.

So I'll kick this off with a statement he made back before Christmas. We were at a favorite local pizza joint, Fox's Pizza for dinner with a bunch of friends one night. True to their name they have a Fox for a mascot and the Fox was out and about greeting the kids. At one point during the evening Noah needed to go potty. On the way to the potty we spotted the Fox going in the ladies room.

Noah made the obvious statement, "Dad that fox is going potty."

"Yes son, even foxes have to go potty sometimes," I replied.

"That's silly dad."

"Why's that silly?"

"He should use the grass," Noah responded very seriously.

So there you go, my son's logic makes perfect sense. Foxes, like dogs, should use the grass. I could hardly keep a straight face...

No comments: